Monday, August 8, 2011

Herb-berry


Why am I so delicious to mosquitoes? They absolutely adore me. And lately, they're everywhere. Luckily, the chivalrous Dr. Cornelius ventured out into my parents' mosquito infested garden and clipped a beautiful selection of herbs for me. So brave. And my very generous parents (once again) bought an insane amount of blueberries at the farmer's market and donated some to their grateful daughter.

What to do with all of this generosity? I decided to make BERRY ROSEMARY pops. I blended:

- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp minced fresh rosemary

set half of mixture aside and add:

- 1 cup frozen raspberries

Alternate stripes of the two mixtures. Yields 6 Zoku pops. I ended up with some extra mixture and added: 

- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 shots Absolut Vodka

Pour into ice pop mold. Yields 5 pops.

I think they turned out beautifully! I've realized that heavy mixtures containing blended fruit (as opposed to juice or other liquid) yield strange, uneven stripes. The mixture doesn't spread fast enough across the mold to create straight stripes. Not ideal, but cute and homemade looking. Any other herby pop ideas? Leave your ideas in the comments section, or post on the mmmPOP! Facebook Page.


No comments:

Post a Comment