Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pops around the World


I love Vietnamese food. Goi cuon, pho, all of it. I love the herbs and flavors: spearmint, garlic, lime, cilantro, shallot, coconut and most of all, lemongrass. I began thinking of ways to incorporate lemongrass into a pop. I toyed with ideas involving vanilla, orange and mango and finally settled on pineapple. I wanted it to be tangy but also creamy and rich. I combined:

1 cup frozen pineapple
3 ounces greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
2 tablespoons lime juice

I didn't want another boring yellow pop so I admit, I added some yellow food coloring to half of the mixture to make stripes. I love these pops. Miss Silbert has deemed them her new favorite. They're the perfect amount of creaminess and manage to be both savory and sweet. This recipe will definitely be repeated. Send me YOUR favorite kind of food and I'll design a pop for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment