Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm in love.


Yes, I'm in love. With Siggi's Icelandic style yogurt. But we'll get back to that. I wanted to make creamsicles. But not your traditional creamsicle... I always found those a bit heavy on the cream, light on the sicle. I picked out some orange/mango juice and was pondering what to use as filling. I finally decided on greek yogurt. But alas, there was no vanilla greek yogurt (of the fat free persuasion) at Whole Foods! Blast! I instead grabbed some vanilla Siggi's. Impressed with the ingredient list (all natural), I picked up some strawberry as well.

This yogurt is awesome. I don't know how else to describe it. Go out and buy some. NOW. But don't buy all the strawberry, I need more. Ok, back to the pops...

I filled the ZOKU with the orange/mango juice and let freeze for about 3 minutes. I then removed the center of the pop (with the fancy ZOKU baster-looking-tool) and filled it with vanilla yogurt blended with a little water and agave syrup.

They turned out quite well. Miss McNitt deemed them her new favorite. And I'm anxious to make more pops with fun fillings. Suggestions? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment