Friday, September 30, 2011

Gooses...geeses


 

I want a goose to lay gold eggs for Easter. Okay, I could quote Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, obvi) all day but it has nothing to do with this pop. I love the Green City farmer's market. Thankfully, I walk and can only carry a fixed amount home. Otherwise, I would most certainly go overboard.  I recently purchased a box of unhusked gooseberries. I had never seen them in their delicate little husks before. I was intrigued.

Gooseberries have a strange flavor, sort of a cross between a berry and a tomato. To make GOOSEBERRY POPS, I needed to add another strong flavor. I decided on lemon. I combined:


1 box gooseberries
3 oz Greek yogurt
1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
1 tbs raw honey

I love these pops! They're tart with an interesting and unique undertone. What should I grab this weekend at the farmer's market?


No comments:

Post a Comment