Monday, September 5, 2011

Squash 'n Pop


What a beautiful, brisk autumnal day here in Chicago! That, coupled with the wild success of my fig pops (see below), inspired me to begin my series on Fall flavors.

Yesterday, while waiting for a table at Over Easy, I happened into Dolce Casa Cafe for some coffee. It's a charming little place featuring Metropolis Coffee (my fav local roast) and some very creative pastries, including several varieties of zucchini bread. YUM. I love zucchini bread. So I decided to make some ZUCCHINI POPS.


I sliced a small zucchini and microwaved it for 3 minutes, until soft. I blended it with:

6 ounces Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 lemon juiced and zested

I tasted the mixture but have yet to try a pop. It was good but overwhemingly citrusy. I think next time I'll keep the lemon juice but skip the zest. Perhaps I'll add some nutmeg, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment