Saturday, July 9, 2011

Apripops


I bought some vanilla beans at the store the other day. I always find it rather curious that vanilla beans don't look like beans at all, but rather like stalks. For something so tasty, they're quite ugly. Anyway, what to do with vanilla beans? Chocolate and vanilla seemed like a cheap cop out (although Miss McNitt just requested a batch of those and her wish is my command).

I decided on apricot. APRICOT & VANILLA BEAN. It sounds like the perfect summer dessert! I blended greek yogurt with half a vanilla bean and about a tablespoon of agave nectar and set some aside. Then I added an apricot to the remaining mixture and blended. I alternated stripes of the two mixtures.

They're pretty adorable, I must say. Sweet but not too sweet. And quite refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment