Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Leftover Pops


These amazingly savory and sweet pops were made with my dinner leftovers. Yes, you heard me right. My (forever) NBF Miss Kovacs and I made wasabi tuna burgers and sweet potatoes. No, I did not make wasabi tuna pops, phew! But I did make SWEET POTATO POPS! 

We had several slices of sweet potato that did not fit on the cookie sheet, so I brought home the raw slices. I microwaved them for 3 minutes before blending them with a teaspoon of vanilla extract, cinnamon, Greek yogurt and about a tablespoon of agave. I put in about twice as much cinnamon as I instinctively deemed necessary. I thought they needed a flavor that would stand out and break free of the cold-dampening effect. I was right.

These are my new favorite pops. Sorry, Deacon Knorr. I adored our Lemon Poppy Seed pops, but these have trumped them. I can't wait to discover my next favorite.

4 comments:

  1. I guess I'll just have to learn to live with this. Sweet potato pop bribery could be an effective way to secure my forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet potato pop bribery complete and very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really... sweet potato pops, how wild is that!

    Just wanted to add I recently stumbled upon your blog & love it... have added to my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Anastacia! A similarly savory pop will be up soon!

    ReplyDelete